Our donors are a great source of inspiration.
Kimberly Kersten is a senior vice president and director of business banking at Comerica Bank and member of our advisory board. Kimberly donates because she knows the importance and value of our Workforce Prep program.
“I donated because I believe in the Winning Futures mission and program,” said Kimberly. “Teaching young adults the power of making a plan – and working your plan is an invaluable life skill that the program cultivates.”
We are living in a time when providing hope and extending kindness amid great uncertainty is a lifeline to many of our students. Despite COVID-19 and its challenges, our mentors and coaches continue virtually meeting with student, encouraging them to realize their value and reach their potential through consistent and positive reinforcement about their future.
Our work would not be possible without support from donors, like Kimberly. Nearly 80 percent of donations received directly support our students. Here are some examples of how donations make a difference:
- $25 covers the cost of program supplies such as materials to make a career vision board; study skills supplies; and critical thinking and problem-solving puzzles.
- $50 covers the cost of workbooks for 10 students.
- $75 covers the cost of one mentor background check.
- $100-$500 covers the cost of buses for a student field trip.
- $1,000 supports our student scholarship program.
- $2,500 covers the cost of one student scholarship.
“Donors are vital to our students getting the help they need,” said our president and CEO, Kris Marshall. “Donations put workbooks on the table, fund scholarships, and pay for the tools and supplies we need to deliver our curriculum. On behalf of our students, thank you to everyone who donates!”
It’s never too late to donate or get involved. In addition to making a donation, we encourage you to connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn, sign up for our e-newsletter, and visit our website for the latest program and event news.