About Us » Programs
Each year, Winning Futures impacts 1,700 students through its programs. The goal is for students to create a positive relationship with an adult mentor, and learn skills that will last a lifetime.
“Shoot for your Goals” Basketball Camp with Greg Kelser
- July 16-20, 2018, Cass Technical High School, Detroit.
- Free for metro Detroit 6th-9th grade students who qualify for reduced or free lunch.
- Students develop basketball skills while improving their academic skills, positive attitude, and teamwork. Classes are taught on the court and in the classroom.
- Co-hosted by basketball legend and Detroit Pistons broadcaster, Greg Kelser.
- Click here for a student application.
- Click here for a mentor application.
- Contact Bryan Howard with questions, email@example.com or 586-698-4418.
Winning Futures Mentoring
- Is a leading mentoring program in Michigan.
- Matches ninth through twelfth grade students with mentors.
- Provides youth with mentoring programs and activities that focus on life skills, goal setting, strategic planning, and career readiness.
- Facilitates 21 one-hour sessions for mentors and students throughout the school year. Teams complete fun activities together at the school.
- Operates programs for students at Cass Tech (Detroit), Community High School (Warren), Cornerstone Health and Technology High School, Harper Woods High School, Madison High School (Madison Heights), Pontiac Academy for Excellence, and Warren Mott High School.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a mentor.
Annual Scholarship and Awards Ceremony
- This event honors students, mentors, sponsors, and educators involved in Winning Futures.
- The Winning Futures Mentor of the Year Award is presented at this event to program volunteers to honor their commitment to mentoring and the difference they make in the lives of those they mentor.
- Students are awarded scholarships for continuing education based on essays submitted to and interviews conducted by business and community leaders.
- Winning Futures has awarded over $1.8 million in scholarships since its founding.
Keys to College
- This program prepares students to explore, select and apply for their continuing education.
- Winning Futures staff facilitate this 10 week program and provide guided activities.
- Keys to College workshops will occur this school year at Voyageur College Prep (Detroit), South Lake High School (St. Clair Shores), Western International High School (Detroit) and Pontiac International Technology Academy (Pontiac).
- Contact Carla Welborn (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the Keys to College Program.