About Us » Programs
Each year, Winning Futures impacts 1,400 students through its programs. The goal is for students to create a positive relationship with an adult mentor, and learn skills that will last a lifetime.
Winning Futures Mentoring
- Is a leading mentoring program in Michigan.
- Matches sixth through twelfth grade students with mentors.
- Provides youth with mentoring programs and activities that focus on life skills, goal setting, and strategic planning.
- Facilitates 10 to 24 one-hour sessions for mentors and students throughout the school year. Teams complete fun activities together at the school.
- Operates programs for students at Cass Tech (Detroit), Community High School (Warren), Cornerstone Health and Technology High School, Harper Woods High School, Madison High School (Madison Heights), Pontiac Academy for Excellence, and Warren Mott High School.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a mentor.
Life Skills Curriculum
To aide in the implementation of a successful mentoring and/or life skills programs, “Winning Futures Curriculum” is available for organizations to utilize. Packages include:
- Workbooks for students (upper elementary/middle school or high school)
- Scripted manuals for mentors, teachers, or staff with lessons, hands-on activities, training materials, and professional assessments.
- Training programs for mentors and staff
- Click here to learn more about purchasing materials or contracting our services.
RARE Everday Hero Program
- Michigan high school students submit scholarship essays about “everday heroes” in the community who go above and beyond to make a difference.
- $2,000 scholarships are awarded to the students with the winning essays.
- Businesses and community members nominate “everyday heroes” in their area.
- Click here learn more about the RARE Everyday Hero Scholarship process.
Annual Scholarship and Awards Ceremony
- This event honors students, mentors, sponsors, and educators involved in Winning Futures.
- The Winning Futures Mentor of the Year Award is presented at this event to program volunteers to honor their commitment to mentoring and the difference they make in the lives of those they mentor.
- Students are awarded scholarships for continuing education based on essays submitted to and interviews conducted by business and community leaders.
- Winning Futures has awarded over $1.8 million in scholarships since its founding.
Keys to College
- This program prepares students to explore, select and apply for their continuing education.
- Teachers or counselors at metro Detroit schools sign up for a series of one-hour workshops for their students.
- Winning Futures staff facilitate the workshop and provide guided activities.
- Keys to College workshops will occur this school year at Voyageur College Prep (Detroit), Avondale High School (Auburn Hills), Fitzgerald High school (Warren), Harrison High School (Farmington), Mumford High School (Detroit), South Lake High School (St. Clair Shores), and Western International High School (Detroit).
- Contact Carla Welborn (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the Keys to College Program.
Greg Kelser “Shoot for your Goals” Basketball Camp
- Annual one-week summer camp with Greg Kelser Detroit Pistons as a broadcaster.
- Free camp for 100 Detroit students 6th-9th grade.
- Students learn basketball skills and one hour each day, they are mentored in the Winning Futures Academic Goal Setting Program.
- Click here for student application.
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.