On July 22, 2015 the 17th Annual RARE Night of Heroes was held at the Emagine Theatre in Royal Oak, Michigan. Supporters, family and friends gathered to celebrate an amazing group of RARE Everyday Heroes. This award is given to everyday people in the workplace who are changing lives and inspiring people around them. Commitment, courage, compassion, and integrity are among the inspiring characteristics RARE Everyday Heroes possesses.
Four heroes were nominated by Tri-County area business members. The other three heroes were nominated by students through an essay scholarship contest. Each of the three scholarship winners wrote compelling papers proving their Everyday Hero should be chosen. The scholarship winners for this year are:
- Sydney Hogerheide, Alba Public Schools, North Central Michigan University
- Nadine Rabaa, Star International Academy, University of Michigan Dearborn
- Ethan Thuma, Charlotte High School, Western Michigan University
The night was filled with inspiration, as the stories, experiences, and photographs of each hero were projected on the big screen. Congratulations to our 2015 RARE Everyday Heroes!
- Ronald Goodnoe, Owner, Rapids Tool and Engineering, Eaton Rapids, Michigan
- Dina Rabaa, Relationship Coordinator, Metropolitan Capital, Dearborn Heights, Michigan
- Amanda Rymiszewski, Marketing Manager, O’Keefe, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Kevin Sutton, Partner and Attorney, Lusk & Albertson, Livonia, Michigan
- Daniel Wesner, Owner, Wesner Tuxedo, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Judith Zimpfer, Retired Teacher, Alba Public Schools, Michigan
- Alma Guajardo-Crossley, Corporate Director of Diversity & Inclusion, General Motors, Plymouth, Michigan
To see more pictures from this event, click here.