Donate today to help provide local high school students with a business mentor to assist them in planning for the future and overcoming obstacles. In the above video our students will share with you HOW their mentors impacted their life!
Since 1994, we have empowered youth to succeed through mentoring and strategic planning. We are an award-winning nonprofit organization that successfully implements Life Skills, Goal Setting, and Career Preparation programs into schools throughout metro Detroit. Over 39,000 students have been impacted by the program.
- School-based mentoring programs serve students from Detroit, Harper Woods, Madison Heights, Pontiac, Sterling Heights, and Warren.
- This year, we have impacted 1,783 students. One measure of our success is that over 95% of our students continue their education past high school.
- Each year, 200 adults mentors are screened and trained. Staff are on-site during the 20 to 25 one-hour mentoring sessions.
- Teachers and mentors reported improvements in students’ attitude, motivation, focus, self-esteem, teamwork skills, and goal setting.
- 100% of our mentors recommended mentoring to their friends, family, and co-workers.
- An award-winning life skills and strategic planning curriculum has been published for mentors and mentees to use with fun activities.