Offering your employees the opportunity to mentor a Metro Detroit high school student in our Workforce Prep program is a win for all involved! It only takes a 30-minute virtual or in-person mentor recruitment presentation to get started. For more information contact Kris Marshall at Kris@WinningFutures.org or 248-709-4488.
- For employers, encouraging and supporting employee participation in community-based volunteer programs can boost morale, workplace atmosphere, and brand perception.
- For students, many enter our program unmotivated or unsure of their future. They sometimes lack the skills, support, and knowledge to be successful. Students leave our program informed, motivated, and better equipped to overcome challenges. Watch this video.
- For mentors, they often find the experience extremely rewarding as they watch their student get excited about their future and learn skills they’ll need to be successful. Mentors often feel very good about the experience and gratitude toward their employer for supporting their involvement. Watch this video.
- For communities, our program results in young adults who are more self-reliant, employable, and productive.
Workforce Prep is our mentoring program that transforms students into self-reliant, employable, and productive adults with defined academic and career goals, and highly desirable workforce skills.
- Evidence-based curriculum.
- Structured and staff-supervised sessions.
- Workbook with organized activities.
- One hour per week for 16 weeks on a set day and time beginning in November. Depending on COVID safety measures and school policy, up to eight of these 16 sessions might occur in person at the school. All remaining sessions will be virtual.
- Training and support for mentors before, during, and after every session.
- Recipient of awards including Crain’s Best Managed Nonprofit and the Michigan Governor’s Innovative Mentoring Program of the Year Award.
- Partnered with more than 100 local businesses.
- Serving students in Detroit, Harper Woods, Warren, Southfield, Sterling Heights, and Pontiac
Allow us to pitch our mentoring program to your employees. Contact Kris Marshall at Kris@WinningFutures.org or 248-709-4488.
- All we need is a day, time, and location, and a little help inviting your employees. We’ll do everything else – it’s that easy!
- 30-minute in-person or virtual presentation.
- It can be part of a staff or other meeting.
- We provide digital and print flyers and language for invitation.
- Visit our mentor recruitment page!
- Watch this short video featuring our mentors talking about why they mentor.
- Watch this short video that gives an overview of the mentoring process.
- Read our 2020 Annual Outcomes Report.
The deadline to apply for mentoring in the 2021-22 school year is August 31, 2021.