Position: Classroom Assistant
Supervisor's Title: Program Facilitator
Pay Rate: $18/hour (hourly position)
Location: Warren (also required to work on location in Detroit, Pontiac and/or Harper Woods)
Hours: 24-32 hours per week
This part-time position is responsible for assisting in our motivational, career-readiness mentoring classrooms. You will meet with program staff prior to each session, organize supplies and materials, manage program supply inventory and purchasing, build relationships with mentors, educators, and students, and provide support to the program department.
Winning Futures is an award-winning non-profit organization that empowers high school youth to succeed through mentoring, strategic planning, and career development. We transform high school students into becoming self-reliant, employable, productive adults. We help them see the path to a purposeful career and assist them in creating the road map to get there. Since 1994, we have impacted more than 47,000 students and provided $1.8M in scholarships. We have received many awards including Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofit.
Education and experience: This position requires completion of some college/training courses and 2 years of experience working/volunteering in the field(s) of education, youth development, social work, or other youth serving work.
Submit resumes or any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please put your full name in the subject line. Please do not directly contact staff members regarding this position.
Benefits: Paid holidays, paid time off (details provided in job offer)
- Serve as a classroom assistant three mornings per week.
- Set-up and breakdown classroom.
- Take quality photos of the mentoring teams.
- Build quality relationships with students and mentors.
- Support program staff in the office.
- Prepare materials and supplies for classes. Purchase supplies as needed.
- Complete clerical tasks to support program staff, including simple data tracking in excel, mail merge, and filing.
- Support mentor recruitment
- Send emails and call leads generated by other staff members.
- Process background checks and complete reference calls.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
- Passionate about our programs.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- Maintains confidentiality with professional judgment.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and complete small jobs quickly by given deadline.
- Demonstrates initiative, shows resourcefulness, and asks questions when needed.
- Can take and follow direction; keep supervisor informed of progress.
- Has a positive attitude; can laugh and have fun!
- Align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, teamwork
- A commitment to diversity; embraces a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, and ability.