Position: Events & Marketing Coordinator
Supervisor's Title: Director of Operations
Location: Warren, MI
Hours: Full-time, weekdays (40 hours per week with option to work 5 days, 4.5 days, or 4 days), some evenings and one Saturday a year are required
Join our team and help us prepare teens for success! This creative and dynamic full-time position is responsible for executing plans for special events that raise awareness and support; creating and executing digital marketing and communication plans that engage, inform, and involve our stakeholders; coordinating the production of eye-catching and informative marketing collateral; and developing intriguing and captivating content for our communication channels. Work with a fun, diverse team who creates a great culture while achieving exceptional results!
Winning Futures is a nationally recognized and award-winning expert in empowering high school students to succeed. Through our evidence-based and structured Workforce Prep program, students throughout Metro Detroit are immersed in a four-year experiential curriculum that begins in tenth grade and continues through one year post high school. The program includes in-class mentoring, life skills development, goal setting, job readiness training, and career exploration. With help from volunteer mentors and the business community, students are transformed into self-reliant, employable, and productive adults with defined academic and career goals, and highly desirable workforce skills. Since 1994, we have positively impacted more than 49,000 students and awarded $1.9 million in scholarships. Learn more at WinningFutures.org or watch our 25th anniversary video.
Benefits: Winning Futures is a great company to work for! We have team activities and lunches, celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries, work at home one day a week, only respond to emails/texts/calls in off-hours if there is a major issue, health benefits, paid holidays, open paid time off (details provided in job offer), and 401(K). One employee recently shared:
“The atmosphere and energy of the company is something that I love. The people I work with are great, and everyone is extremely dedicated to their work and the cause. It is a well-organized and managed non-profit, which has been wonderful to work for.”
- Execute pre-determined event plan tasks for our annual wine tasting gala, golf outing, and awards ceremony, satisfying at least 22 of 25 success indicators.
- Publish monthly e-newsletter including creating and assembling the content and sending the e-newsletter via our CRM database platform.
- Create and execute marketing and communication plans and tactics for digital channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, blog, website, and e-newsletter.
- Review communications and collateral for brand, message, and style guide compliance.
- Coordinate the production of marketing collateral including flyers, banners, posters, and other similar assets.
- This includes content development, graphic design, and production.
- Create new content for all communication channels.
- Assisting with CRM event-data uploads (no experience needed).
- Enter donations in QuickBooks (no experience needed).
- Other duties as needed.
Applicants Should Have These Qualities:
- ADOBE GRAPHICS: If you don’t already know, you have the capacity and desire to learn the basics of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an excellent communicator, in writing and verbally.
- COMPOSURE: You keep your cool, even when under pressure.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: You understand that some information is not for public consumption and have no problem maintaining confidentiality.
- CREATIVE: You think outside the box and like to brainstorm new ideas and processes.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: You understand the importance of great customer service and work to make all stakeholders feel valued.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You see the big picture but know that the details are very important.
- DIRECTION: You can take and follow direction, and when needed, give direction to others.
- DIVERSITY: You are committed to diversity and embrace a personal approach that values and respects differences in race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
- EFFORT: You care about your work and always give 100% effort.
- FUN: You know that it’s important to get your work done and meet your goals, but you also know how to have fun along the way.
- GOALS: You know that goals are important for your success and the organization’s success, and eagerly work to accomplish them.
- INITIATIVE: When you see a problem, you solve it. When you see an opportunity, you go for it. You don’t wait for others or try to avoid responsibility. You take the lead.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: You are focused on building positive internal and external relationships.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE: You have good experience and know how to use basic Microsoft applications, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ORGANIZED: You keep yourself and your work organized.
- OWNERSHIP: You take ownership and responsibility of projects and tasks that are assigned to you.
- PASSIONATE: You care about our mission, your work, and how it makes an impact, and work passionately to do your best.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE: You focus on the positive and avoid the negative and present yourself as such.
- PROFESSIONALISM: You always demonstrate a very high professional demeanor.
- PROJECT MANAGER: You prioritize your work and can manage multiple projects at one time, completing your work on or before the deadline.
- QUESTIONS: You aren’t afraid to ask questions or be asked questions.
- RELIABLE: People know they can count on you. You are punctual and always do what is asked of you, when needed, and in a qualitative way.
- TEAMWORK: You lend a hand when needed or even when not. You share your ideas and input and praise your teammates for work well done.
- VALUES: You align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, and teamwork.
Education and Experience: Applicants should have at least an associate degree (or completed two years of college) and 2 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, non-profit management or similar fields, and 1-2 years of experience in event management.
Apply: Submit your resume to Resume@WinningFutures.org. In your email, please note your desired salary or range – be specific and do not say that you are “negotiable.” Put your full name in the email subject line.
Questions: Send any questions you have to Resume@WinningFutures.org. Do not directly contact staff members regarding this position.