Position: Classroom Assistant
Supervisor's Title: Program Facilitator
Pay Rate: $18/hour (hourly position)
Location: Warren (also required to work on location in Detroit, Pontiac and/or Harper Woods)
Tentative Start Date: August 1, 2019
Schedule: September-June, full-time position, 32-40 hours per week: Monday & Friday, Warren office, start time between 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. (8-hour day), Tues-Thurs 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (some evenings/weekends required for various events)
July-August, part-time position, 20-32 hours per week, flexible days and times.
This position is responsible for assisting in our motivational, Workforce Prep mentoring classrooms and completing office clerk duties. You will meet with program staff prior to each session, organize supplies and materials, manage program supply inventory and purchasing, build relationships with mentors, educators, and students, and provide support to the program department. You will also provide support to the operations department through mailings, data entry, filing, and other administrative duties.
Winning Futures (www.WinningFutures.org) is an award-winning non-profit organization that empowers high school youth to succeed through mentoring, strategic planning, and career development. We transform high school students into becoming self-reliant, employable, and productive adults. We help them see the path to a purposeful career and assist them in creating the road map to get there. Since 1994, we have impacted more than 48,000 students and provided $1.9M in scholarships. We have received many awards including Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofit.
Education and experience: This position requires completion of a certification program, associate degree or higher, and 2 years of experience working/volunteering in an administrative role that includes data entry and other clerical tasks.
Submit resumes or questions to Resume@WinningFutures.org. In your email, please put your full name in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include your hourly rate requirement and your highest level of education completed. Please do not directly contact staff members regarding this position.
Benefits: Paid holidays, paid time off (details provided in job offer).
- Serve as a classroom assistant three mornings per week.
- Set-up and breakdown classroom.
- Take quality photos of the mentoring teams.
- Provide excellent customer service to students and mentors.
- Support program staff in the office.
- Purchase and prepare materials for classes.
- Complete clerical tasks, including simple data tracking in Excel, mail merge, and filing.
- Support mentor recruitment.
- Send emails and call leads generated by other staff members.
- Process background checks and complete reference calls.
- Serve as an office clerk
- Enter data into our CRM, a spreadsheet, and/or QuickBooks.
- Compile mailings, stamp and seal envelopes, and send through post office.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
- Passionate about our programs.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- Maintains confidentiality with professional judgment.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and complete small jobs quickly by given deadline.
- Demonstrates initiative, shows resourcefulness, and asks questions when needed.
- Can take and follow direction; keep supervisor informed of progress.
- Prior experience working with a CRM or QuickBooks is a plus.
- Has a positive attitude; can laugh and have fun!
- Align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, teamwork
- A commitment to diversity; embraces a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, and ability.