Position: Marketing & Program Coordinator
Supervisor's Title: Donor Relations Manager
Hours: M- F: 8:30am-5:00pm (some evenings and weekends for events)
- Focus on non-funding and non-board marketing.
- Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
- Develop marketing communications campaigns.
- Use our social media monitoring tool (Meltwater) to listen and interact with stakeholders
- Deliver content via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, email, or direct mail.
- Identify and submit website changes to web developer.
- Collect student, alumni, and mentor quotes and stories to use in marketing. Write student success stories with facilitators.
- Work with designer to create annual print newsletter and print/mail through contractor.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to design annual program outcome reports.
- Keep updated press contact sheet and engage with media relations.
- Create and deliver press releases, board bios, newsletter and E-newsletter content.
- Help write, shoot, and edit marketing videos.
- Manage CRM system (Sumac) for volunteers, funders, and contacts.
- Support events and funding projects as needed.
- Engage in mentor recruitment (promotion, materials, events, Mentor Champion tracking, etc.).
- Edit program surveys.
- Manage RARE and Winning Futures scholarships promotion, judging, selection, and notifications.
- Manage the RARE Everyday Hero process which includes research, selection, and hero communications
- Manage the Sam Cupp Awards process.
- Be a classroom assistant in class as needed.
- Take mentor attendance and sit-in for late/absent mentors (when necessary).
- Set-up and breakdown classroom.
- Hand out supplies/materials to mentors and students during class.
- Take photos of the mentoring teams.
- Build relationships with students and mentors.
- Assist with mentor retention activities.
- Update workbooks and handbooks in InDesign.
- Support programming as needed.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has a positive attitude; can laugh and have fun!
- Passionate about marketing and our programs.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments accurately.
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
- Detailed orientated.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects).
- Creative with ability to design new marketing materials.
- Basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
- Currently uses Social Media on a regular basis (personally or professionally).
- Maintains confidentiality with professional judgment and demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize work and make process improvement as appropriate.
- Develop/establish rapport with employees and volunteers.
- Demonstrates a conscientious team mentality and respect for all members of the team.
- Demonstrates initiative, shows resourcefulness, and asks questions when needed.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Learns about Winning Futures and our services.
- Willingness to invest time in learning to advance in the funding/marketing department.
- Align with our values of integrity, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, teamwork
Education and experience:
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and marketing or graphic design experience. It is preferred that candidates have experience working with a CRM or database tracking system.
Submit resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org please do not directly contact staff members regarding this position. If you have questions, email email@example.com. This position will start June 2016.