Position: Office Clerk
Supervisor's Title: Donor Relations Manager
Pay Rate: $13-$15 per hour (hourly position)
Hours: M- F: 9:30am-2:30pm (flexible start time/days) up to 24 hours per week
Winning Futures is looking to grow our team to help us continue our mission. This position focuses on general office duties, data entry, and preparing materials to support events and fundraising. You will help us build and improve relationships with our donors, volunteers, and partners, which makes an impact on our students!
Winning Futures is an award-winning non-profit organization that empowers high school youth to succeed through mentoring, strategic planning, and career development. We transform high school students into becoming self-reliant, employable, productive adults. We help them see the path to a purposeful career and assist them in creating the road map to get there. Since 1994, we have impacted 46,000 students and provided $1.8M in scholarships.
- Enter data into MS Excel and online evaluation system.
- Create and update spreadsheets to aid in tracking information.
- Create and update sponsor proposals in MS Word with photos and text.
- Create sponsor invoices and event thank you packets.
- Enter information into online CRM database.
- Compile and send board packets for the CEO.
- Organize A/R and A/P paperwork. Assist with QuickBooks entries as needed (no experience necessary)
- Compose and reproduce letters.
- Use the mail merge function in MS Word to create labels and letters.
- Provide event support (mailings, tracking RSVP’s, making auction bid sheets, creating PowerPoint slides, etc.).
- Securing location and food for mentor events.
- Updating support materials for funding.
- Assist in other projects to support the organization
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Passionate about our programs.
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
- Detailed orientated.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- Maintains confidentiality with professional judgment.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work and make process improvement as appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete small jobs quickly by given deadline.
- Demonstrates a conscientious team mentality and respect for all members of the team.
- Demonstrates initiative, shows resourcefulness, and asks questions when needed.
- Can take and follow direction; keep supervisor informed of progress.
- Has a positive attitude; can laugh and have fun!
- Align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, teamwork.
Education and experience:
This position requires some college or training courses and 1-2 years of experience working/volunteering in an office setting. Experience with data entry preferred.
Submit resumes to:
email@example.com please do not directly contact staff members regarding this position. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the job posting or to learn more about Winning Futures.