Position: AmeriCorps VISTA Member
Host Site: Winning Futures, Warren, MI
Hours: One year of full-time (37 hours) service, M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm, some evenings and weekends required. August 2019 through August 2020.
AmeriCorps VISTA members: Build capacity in nonprofit organizations to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms.
Winning Futures is looking for support to help us continue our mission of empowering high school youth to succeed. As
an AmeriCorps VISTA at Winning Futures’ office in Warren, MI, you will be responsible for internal asset/resource
coordination, volunteer recruitment support, and assisting with fundraising activities. Your efforts will make an impact
on our students! Check out our video to learn more about what we do.
Annual Living Stipend: $12,277.72 (paid over the year)
End of Service Award: $6,095 (Education Award) or $1,800 (Cash Award) after completing one full year of service. Education awards may be used to repay qualified student loans or to pay all or part of current/future education expenses to attend eligible institutions of higher education. Click here for exact details.
Other Benefits: VISTA members also receive health benefits and childcare benefits (eligibility based). VISTA members are also eligible for student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment.
Education and experience: This position requires a high school diploma and one year of experience working or volunteering in an administrative role that includes data entry and other clerical tasks.
Submit resumes to Vista@WinningFutures.org. In your email, put your full name in the subject line. Please do not directly contact staff members regarding this position. If you have questions, email JobPosting@WinningFutures.org. This position will start August 2019. Visit www.WinningFutures.org/job-postings for the job posting or to learn more about Winning Futures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operations support to the program and
- Enter data into our CRM (Sumac) and Excel spreadsheets.
- Complete clerical tasks including mail merge and filing.
- Compile mailings, stamp and seal envelopes, and send through post office.
- Research grant opportunities, update grant support files, and assist in writing small grants.
- Update funding proposals and create sponsor invoices.
- Assist with recruiting volunteers for our programs:
- Send emails and call leads generated by other staff members
- Process background checks and complete reference calls
- Create and post social media recruitment messages
- Work in Accuity scheduling system to track and organize volunteer appointments
- Share information with other organizations about volunteer opportunities
- Support and attend Mentor Champion presentations (recruitment events at local companies)
- Preparation for and assistance at mentor trainings
- Identify and organize resources/research that supports workforce preparation/assisting youth in being successful
- Assist with inputting organization and resource information into 211.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Prior experience working with a CRM is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and complete small jobs quickly by given deadline.
- Demonstrates initiative, shows resourcefulness, and asks questions when needed.
- Can take and follow direction; keep supervisor informed of progress.
- Maintains confidentiality with professional judgment.
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
- Align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, teamwork.
- A commitment to diversity; embraces a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, and ability.
- Passionate about our programs.
- Has a positive attitude; can laugh and have fun!
Winning Futures (www.winningfutures.org) is an award-winning non-profit organization that empowers high school youth to succeed through mentoring, strategic planning, and career development. We transform high school students into becoming self-reliant, employable, productive adults. We help them see the path to a purposeful career and assist them in creating the road map to get there. Since 1994, we have impacted 49,000 students and provided $1.9M in scholarships. We have received many awards including Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofit.