Position: Development Coordinator
Supervisor: Donor Relations Manager
Location: Warren, MI
Hours: Full-time, weekdays (40 hours per week with option to work 5 days, 4.5 days, or 4 days), some evenings and one Saturday a year are required
Join our team and help us prepare teens for success! This full-time position is responsible for internal fundraising activities where you will support our donors and sponsors, write proposals, invoices and small grants, implement sponsor benefits, and manage our CRM. Your efforts will make an impact on our students!
Winning Futures is a nationally recognized and award-winning expert in empowering high school students to succeed. Through our evidence-based and structured Workforce Prep program, students throughout Metro Detroit are immersed in a four-year experiential curriculum that begins in tenth grade and continues through one year post high school. The program includes in-class mentoring, life skills development, goal setting, job readiness training, and career exploration. With help from volunteer mentors and the business community, students are transformed into self-reliant, employable, and productive adults with defined academic and career goals, and highly desirable workforce skills. Since 1994, we have positively impacted more than 49,000 students and awarded $1.9 million in scholarships. Learn more at WinningFutures.org or watch our 25th anniversary video.
Benefits: Winning Futures is a great company to work for! We have team activities and lunches, celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries, work at home one day a week, only respond to emails/texts/calls in off-hours if there is a major issue, health benefits, paid holidays, open paid time off (details provided in job offer), and 401(K). One employee recently shared:
“The atmosphere and energy of the company is something that I love. The people I work with are great, and everyone is extremely dedicated to their work and the cause. It is a well-organized and managed nonprofit, which has been wonderful to work for.”
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter business/foundation prospects and benefits for donors into our online CRM system (Sumac)
- Write business “ask” letters, update proposals, and create sponsor invoices
- Interact with new and returning sponsors regarding their proposals, invoices, and payments
- Document and update funding contacts in our online CRM system (Sumac)
- Write small grants and grant reports
- Communicate with sponsors regarding benefits and tickets for our fundraising events, and manage fundraising event RSVPs
- Assist in the stewardship of donors, including the offering of volunteer opportunities, handwritten notes, and other activities designed to position them for additional solicitation in the future.
- Manage and track changes to the Board of Directors, board attendance at meetings and events, as well as record all board votes.
- Other duties as needed
Applicants Should Have These Qualities:
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an excellent communicator, in writing and verbally.
- COMPOSURE: You keep your cool, even when under pressure.
- CRM OR DATABASE EXPERIENCE: Using or managing an online CRM is preferred.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: You understand that some information is not for public consumption and have no problem maintaining confidentiality.
- CREATIVE: You think outside the box and like to brainstorm new ideas and processes.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: You understand the importance of great customer service and work to make all stakeholders feel valued.
- DIRECTION: You can take and follow direction, and when needed, give direction to others.
- DIVERSITY: You are committed to diversity and embrace a personal approach that values and respects differences in race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
- EFFORT: You care about your work and always give 100% effort.
- FUN: You know that it’s important to get your work done and meet your goals, but you also know how to have fun along the way.
- GOALS: You know that goals are important for your success and the organization’s success, and eagerly work to accomplish them.
- GRANTS: Experience writing grants and grant reports is a bonus.
- INITIATIVE: When you see a problem, you solve it. When you see an opportunity, you go for it. You don’t wait for others or try to avoid responsibility. You take the lead.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: You are focused on building positive internal and external relationships.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE: You have good experience and know how to use basic Microsoft applications, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ORGANIZED: You keep yourself and your work extremely organized.
- OWNERSHIP: You take ownership and responsibility of projects and tasks that are assigned to you.
- PASSIONATE: You care about our mission, your work, and how it makes an impact, and work passionately to do your best.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE: You focus on the positive and avoid the negative and present yourself as such.
- PROFESSIONALISM: You always demonstrate a very high professional demeanor.
- PROJECT MANAGER: You prioritize your work and can manage multiple projects at one time, completing your work on or before the deadline.
- QUESTIONS: You aren’t afraid to ask questions or be asked questions.
- RELIABLE: People know they can count on you. You are punctual and always do what is asked of you, when needed, and in a qualitative way.
- TEAMWORK: You lend a hand when needed or even when not. You share your ideas and input and praise your teammates for work well done.
- VALUES: You align with our values of excellence, student focused, relationship focused, loyalty, positive attitude, and teamwork.
Education and Experience: Applicants should have at least an associate degree (or completed two years of college) and at least one year of office experience.
Apply: Submit your resume to Resume@WinningFutures.org. In your email, please note your desired salary or range – be specific and do not say that you are “negotiable.” Put your full name in the email subject line.
Questions: Send any questions you have to Resume@WinningFutures.org. Do not directly contact staff members regarding this position.